The cylinder is a 3-D solid figure with a curved surface in parallel circular bases. People can simply consider the basic example of the cylinder as the cold drink cans and the toilet paper roles so that they can have a basic understanding of the shape without any kind of issue. This particular shape is having two major properties which will be the surface area as well as volume. So, being clear about both of these particular aspects is very much important so that there is no chaos at any point in time and kids are very much successful in terms of scoring well in mathematics exams.
Surface area of cylinder is very much important to be known by every kid so that they can implement the formula very correctly and further having a basic idea about the value of radius in this particular area is important to avoid any kind of chaos throughout the process. Following are some of the types of cylinders available in the world of mathematics:
- If the axis of two parallel lines will be perpendicular to the centre of the base it will be known as the right circular cylinder
- The oblique cylinder will be the one whose sides will be leaning over the base and in this particular case, the side will not be particular to the centre of the base. The leaning tower of Pisa is a real-world example of the oblique cylinder.
- The cylinder whose base is in the form of an ellipse will be known as an elliptic cylinder
- The right circular hollow cylinder or the cylindrical shell will be the one which will be consisting of two right circular cylinders is bounded on one side the other and the point of the axis will be common as well as perpendicular to the central base. This will be very much different from the right circular cylinder since it will be hollow in terms of nature.
The basic properties of the cylinder have been perfectly explained as follows:
- By the very basic definition, it will be having two curved edges, one, surface and two flat faces
- Two circular bases will be congruent to each other.
- The size of the cylinder will always depend upon the radius of the base as well as the height of the sheet of the curved systems.
- The cylinder will also be termed to be as the right cylinder if the exes are forming a right angle with the base is exactly over each other.
- This particular shape will not have any kind of text because there is no specific corner present in it.
The basic formulas associated with the whole process have been explained as follows:
- The volume of the cylinder can be found out by the value of pi into the square of the radius into height value.
- The total surface area of the cylinder will be found by the sum total of the curved surface area plus twice the area of the circle. So, the curved surface area over here will be two into the value of pi into radius into height. The area of circle is the value of pi into square of the radius.
- The curved surface area of the cylinder will be found by two into the value of pi into radius into height.
Hence, having a good command over all the above-mentioned points in proper combination with the formula of volume of cylinder is very much important so that there is no chance of any kind of confusion and kids can deal with the things very successfully. Further, depending on platforms like Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that everybody will be on the right track in dealing with things.